SME Loan Fund
Take out an interest-free SME loan for resource efficient measures and not only will you reduce your bills, you’ll receive 15% cashback.
The Scottish Government is committed to supporting small and medium sized Scottish businesses to reduce energy and resource costs. Reducing operating costs not only improves your margins but can help make you more competitive.
The SME Loan provides unsecured, interest free loans from £1,000 up to £100,000 for the installation of energy efficient measures such as lighting and heating upgrades, double glazing, insulation and much more. (The further information document provides a list of all eligible projects.)
15% cashback available for a limited period
Apply for the SME Loan to help you install eligible measures and you will receive cashback on completion of your project (to a maximum value of £10,000).
Your loan can be used to pay for:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning upgrades – from single improvements to controls to complete system replacements
- Lighting systems – fitting and controls
- Building fabric – including insulation, draft-proofing, double and secondary glazing
- Water saving – be it installing a grey water system, harvesting rain water or sampling installing water efficient taps
- Waste reduction – installation of equipment to improve handling and reduce waste at source
Full details on eligibility criteria and the list of qualifying technologies can be found in the further information document.
Don’t miss out on Government SME Funding!
Since its launch in 2008, the SME Loan has provided Scottish businesses with over £26,24 million in loans for over 968 projects, resulting in an estimated financial saving to businesses of over £48.02 million.
Click here for further information and to apply.